Anwar el Khalil
Government: Rafic el Hariri
Assignment Period : 25 May 1995 - 07 Nov 1996
- born in Lagos, Nigeria.
- A Barrister-at-Law from LLM – London University and Member of the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple-London.
Was President of the Union of Arab Banks for the period 1983-1989.
- Member of Parliament for three terms 1992-1996, 1996-2000, 2000-May 2005
- Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs (1992-1994)
- Minister of State for Administrative Reform (1994-1996)
- Minister of Information (1998-2000)
- Minister of Displaced (1998-2000).
A highly reputed businessman. Owner and Chairman of a number of companies in Lebanon and abroad:
- Managing Director, M. El-Khalil Transport Ltd., Nigeria, 1958-1960
- Chairman of Seven-Up Bottling Co. Nigeria, 1972- to date
- Chairman, M. El-Khalil & Sons (Properties) Ltd., Nigeria, 1960- to date
- Chairman & General Manager, Beirut Riyad Bank s.a.l., 1995-2002
- Chairman MAK Holdings Ltd., 2002-to date.